New to programming and to Python?
- Check out the Beginner's Guide.
Looking for code?
Got a Python problem or question?
- First check the Python FAQs, with answers to many common, general Python questions.
- The Users category of the discuss.python.org website hosts usage questions and answers from the Python community.
- The tutor list offers interactive help.
- If the tutor list isn't your cup of tea, there are many other mailing lists and newsgroups.
- Stack Overflow has many Python questions and answers.
- If you suspect a bug in the Python core, search the Python Bug Tracker.
- If you think you've found a security vulnerability in Python, please read the instructions for reporting security issues.
- If you've found a problem with this web site, check the pythondotorg issue tracker.
Looking for a particular Python module or application?
- Try the Python Package Index to browse and search an extensive list of registered packages.
Want to contribute?
- To report a bug in the Python core, use the Python Bug Tracker.
- To report a problem with this web site, use the pythondotorg issue tracker.
- To contribute a bug fix or other patch to the Python core, see the Python Developer's Guide.
- To contribute to the official Python documentation, use the Issue Tracker to contribute a documentation patch. See also the guide to Helping with Documentation.
- To contribute to the official Python website, see the About the Python Web Site page or read the developer guide on Read the Docs.
- To announce your module or application to the Python community, use comp.lang.python.announce (or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you lack news access). More info: the announcements newsgroup description
Need to contact the Python Software Foundation?
- Contact email@example.com and let us know how we can help!
Problems with this website?
- If you're having issues with python.org itself, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!
- If you have a question not answered here, please reach out on discuss.python.org.